Hello Midlands Veterinary Practice Family,
Considering COVID-19 concerns, we have taken steps to make sure our extended community remains as safe as possible. Out of an abundance of caution, we are now offering digital appointments to complement ongoing in-office care. That’s right, you can now connect with the same doctors you know and trust, now from the comfort of your home!
We wanted to offer a system that will provide more flexibility in the way that we deliver care.
What does that mean for you? Nothing changes at the hospital at all. We’d love to continue to see you and your pet in person, and please remember to be sure to always call in case of emergency.
Some important details:
- You will not be talking to a third-party veterinarian.
- Consultations cost range from $35-45 depending on the type of consultation requested.
- Not all ailments are good fits for telemedicine. We will be up-front with you and conservative as always.
If you are interested in connecting digitally, https://midlands.smart.vet/ to get started. Feel free to contact our staff for more information or help setting up!
Please note, digital consults are meant to supplement, and not replace, your pet’s office visits. Any in-person follow up will be billed separately.
We only offer telehealth services to patients with whom we have an active, existing relationship. We have included an example of ailments which are often fits for digital care, but please remember that this list does not guarantee your pet will not have to come into the hospital for additional test/an in-person exam.
- Coughing, sneezing, upper respiratory infection signs
- External parasites (fleas, ticks, mites, etc.)
- Gastrointestinal upsets, intestinal parasites
- Hospice care
- Lameness evaluations
- Limited mobility patients and clients
- Medication refills
- Progress exams
- Stressed/anxious pets
- Suture checks
- Weight management
We are going to do our best to be available to you and your pets; however, coverage is limited to working hours.
**Please remember to always call the office directly in case of an emergency**